Whether one calls it Ramzan or Ramadaan, the holy month symbolizes many things. For some, it is a time of reflection and prayer and for some a period of cleansing the mind. But whatever the case may be, good food and quality time with family are a given in this month-long period of fasting.
With Ramzan falling in summer this year, it is a challenging time of the year to be fasting. The fasting hours are longer and the soaring temperatures can leave you feeling dehydrated. Thus, it is good to be extra conscious of the food one consumes so as to maintain optimum health and nutrition during these hot days.
In many parts of the world, milk paired with dates is the traditional way to end the fasting period every day. The reason behind this lies in science. Milk is easy to digest, keeps your hydrated and is full of nutrients. Akshayakalpa Organic milk and other dairy products are a great addition to your diet during non-fasting hours because of wholesome nutrition and high protein content that helps you stay energized in a natural way.
Here are some easy-to-prepare tasty recipes that are ideal for delicacies during Ramzan!
1. Roohafza Thandai: A timeless favorite because of its cooling properties and great taste!
– Roohafza – 2 table spoons
– Akshayakalpa Organic Milk
– Chia seeds
– Sugar – as per preference
Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate. Get ready to enjoy the taste of this Ramazan classic.
2. Pudina chaas: Buttermilk is good for hydration during hot summer days.
-Akshayakalpa Organic Plain buttermilk
Put all the ingredients together in a blender. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Note: Akshayakalpa Organic Probiotic spiced buttermilk -another variant of buttermilk – is pre-seasoned with organic spices like ginger, coriander, and Himalayan pink salt. This convenient ready-to-consume snack is a great hassle-free alternative too.
3. Banana Milkshake: Loved by children and adults alike!
– Akshayakalpa Organic milk
– Akshayakalpa Organic bananas
– Vanilla/butterscotch ice-cream
– Akshayakalpa organic honey – Optional
Blend the above ingredients together until smooth. Serve chilled.
4. Fruit custard: because no meal is complete without dessert!
– Akshayakalpa organic milk
– Fruits of your choice (grapes, apple, bananas)
– Cashews & walnuts
– Custard powder
Boil 2 glasses of Akshayakalpa Organic milk. Before the milk rises, dim the flame and add 2 tablespoons of custard powder mixed in milk/water. Bring to a boil. Once thickened, cool to room temperature and add cut fruits and nuts. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
5. Paneer nuggets: Soft and tasty Akshayakalpa Organic paneer is ideal for snacks!
– Akshayakalpa organic Paneer
– Chilli powder
– Dried mango powder
– Cornflakes/ bread crumbs
– Salt to taste
Make a paste of chili powder, dried mango powder, lemon, pepper, and salt, and keep aside.
Cut a fresh slab of Akshayakalpa Organic Paneer into cubes and marinate with the above mixture and set aside for 30 minutes.
Make a batter mixture of maida, water, and salt. Dip the marinated paneer in the batter and coat with crushed cornflakes and fry till golden brown. Enjoy with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
6. Cheese Masala toast: With more protein per 100 grams of cheese than other conventional brands, Akshayakalpa organic Artisanal cheese is perfect to make your snacks healthy.
– Akshayakalpa organic Mild cheese
– Akshayakalpa Organic butter
– Akshayakalpa Organic bread
– Green chillis
– Other vegetables – carrot, capsicum, and corn
– Chilli powder, turmeric, salt, chaat masala, and pepper
– Tomato sauce/ ketchup
Saute finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and green chillies in oil. Add finely chopped carrot, capsicum, and corn to the mix and sauté for 1 more minute. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add chilli powder, turmeric, pepper, chaat masala, and salt and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup and set aside.
Apply Akshayakalpa Organic butter on Akshayakalpa Organic bread slices and toast in an open pan till golden. Add the above masala mixture to the bread. Grate a lavish amount of Akshayakalpa Organic mild cheddar cheese on the bread and cover and cook for a few minutes. Enjoy a wholesome, healthy, and tasty meal!
Ramzan is a period for bonding over food. It is the time when families that don’t have time to eat breakfast together during the rest of the year, share a meal every day. And good food and good company are the ideal recipes for great memories!
Make Akshayakalpa Organic a part of your memories and good health this Ramzan. Stock up on your ingredients and give our recipes a whirl. Bring home clean nutrition and wholesome goodness to celebrate the purity of the holy fasting month!