Many single-use plastics – wrappers, bottles, or bags- say that they are recyclable. But just because they can be – doesn’t mean they are!
Of the 8.3 billion tons of plastic in the world, 90% isn’t recycled. This means waste equal to almost 55 million jumbo jets is occupying our landfills and oceans today. Dairy packaging too is a significant contributor to this humongous bundle of waste.
At Akshayakalpa Organic, we are taking responsibility for our trash! With our ‘Let’s Give back the milk pack’ initiative, we are shifting the onus of recycling the plastic waste we generate back onto our shoulders, with your help, of course!
So what does it take to be a Change agent with Akshayakalpa Organic?
You’re just 3 simple steps away from making the world a cleaner, better place. To ensure the entire milk pack gets recycled, it is recommended to create a small slit on the pack to use the contents rather than snip an entire corner off.
1. RINSE: Wash your empty Akshayakalpa dairy pouches with running water.
– Why: Because food or liquid residue can hamper chances of plastic being recycled. Washing will ensure they are processed.
2. DRY: Leave packs in the open air till completely dry.
– Why: Wet or contaminated plastic waste is sent to landfills instead of being recycled. Drying also prevents mold and bad odours. PRO TIP: Press the washed pack against the wall for quick drying
3. RETURN: Place the clean and dry pouches in your Akshayakalpa delivery bag for our agents to collect.
Our recycling partners will give the collected pouches a new cycle of use by converting them into raw materials for other manufacturing industries.
Remember, recycling plastic saves twice as much energy than burning it in an incinerator. Become a part of the Akshayakalpa recycling initiative and do your bit today!
For more information, log onto https://akshayakalpa.org/givebackthemilkpack/