How fresh is your glass of milk?

How fresh is your glass of milk?

When we talk about milk, the word that usually prefixes it is ‘fresh’. But how do you know whether your glass of milk is actually farm fresh?

The truth is, you don’t!

With advances in science, it is now possible to increase the shelf-life of milk without impacting the taste and texture in a noticeable way. Most mass-market milk is either thermalized, sterilized or dehydrated (converted to milk powder which is reconstituted or mixed with water before being packaged for delivery) to keep it ‘fresher’ for longer and make it easier to manage the supply-chain.

Organic farm fresh milk or raw milk is made up of 87% water while the other 13% comprises of the different nutritional elements including fat, proteins and essential vitamins and minerals. The concentration of these nutrients is highest in fresh, organic milk and depletes over time. According to a study, 30% of vitamin A is lost during a storage of 5-6 weeks and almost all of the Vitamin B6, B12 and C is lost after prolonged storage. (1)

Because milk is usually consumed for its renown health benefits – the fresher it is, the more good you can harness from it. Our ancestors used to live on farms or close to farms and drink milk in its natural, unprocessed form for the best nutrition. However, in today’s age of vast civilizations and modern amenities, it might seem difficult to get access to raw, organic milk – a concern that Akshayakalpa solves with its Farm-Fresh Organic milk.

Happy, healthy cows feeding on organic fodder result in organic milk that is free from antibiotics, synthetic hormones and chemical residues. The farm fresh milk is does not undergo any heat processing and has no additives or preservatives. Akshayakalpa Organic Farm-fresh milk is delivered straight from organic farms to your doorstep within 36 hours of milking so you can enjoy the confidence of the best, most nutritious organic milk for your family!