The New Year has officially begun! It’s time for fresh beginnings and exciting adventures and we can’t wait to share it with you!
At Akshayakalpa, we want to be a part of your health journey from A to Z. That got us thinking and we’ve compiled a glossary of words that we strongly associate with us, our practices, our vision and what we do.
Read on and see how many you’re familiar with and how far along our journey you have come with us!
– We were the first dairy in the country to test for antibiotics in milk and even today remain the largest buyer of antibiotic test kits in India.
– The traditional method we use to craft pure, aromatic, granular ghee from organic milk fat.
C: CONTINUOUS COLD CHAIN
– Our organic milk is stored in a cool environment till it reaches your doorstep to inhibit growth of bacteria and keep nutrients intact. Even our delivery trucks are specially-designed to help keep the milk cool.
– From the biodiversity of flora and fauna at our farms to the members of the Akshayakalpa family, we are nothing if not diverse!
– Free-roaming hens feeding on organic food are raised with great care in the backyards of Akshayakalpa farms to bring you nutritious, antibiotic-free eggs.
F: FAIR TSA
– Because we support our community of rural farmers, bring nutritious organic milk to our consumers and strive to do right by the planet, we are the first dairy enterprise in the world to be Fair TSA certified.
G: GABLE TOP A.K. A paperboard milk pack
– A one-of-its-kind biodegradable and recyclable packaging for milk launched by Akshayakalpa Organic that keeps milk fresh and reduces plastic waste
H: HALLIKAR COWS
– Milk from desi cows like Hallikar and Amruth Mahal living on Akshayakalpa Organic farms is rich in A2 protein
– Akshayakalpa initiatives provide farmer families with resources – technological, mechanical, financial and academic –allowing them to prioritize the quality of milk and health of cows over hassles of everyday farming life.
J: JAIVIK BHARATH
– Your favourite organic milk and milk products are certified as per the organic guidelines set by Jaivik Bharat and APEDA (Agricultural and Processed Food Product Export Development Authority)
– At Akshayakalpa Organic, we believe in being kind of all our stakeholders – our cows, our farmers, our consumers and our lands.
L: LET’S GIVE BACK THE MILK PACK
– Akshayakalpa’s recycling revolution that has led to 7000Kg of dairy plastic packaging being recycled with 3 simple steps of ‘Rinse-Dry-Return’.
– Akshayakalpa’s Multifloral Raw honey is unprocessed, unpasteurized and unadulterated. Only the purest, safest natural honey
– Our very reason for being – to bring clean, safe and the best of nutrition to your family.
O: ORGANIC FARMING PRCATICES
– All our farmers are given meticulous training in organic farming practices for 2 years.
– Visit the new Akshayakalpa farm at Pooriyambakkam near Chennai and build a bond with food like never before
Q: QUALITY CHECKS
– 132 quality checks ensure only the purest milk reaches you.
Menus for our cows are specially curated to include healthy millets like ragi, jowar and bajra. You can add the goodness of organic millets to your diet with Akshayakalpa Ragi Dosa batter.
Our farms practice closed-loop farming, we take responsibility of our trash and we are always innovating ways to impact the world around us more positively.
T: TOTAL MIXED RATION
The nutritionally-balanced meals for the cows on Akshayakalpa farms that include a mix of silage, maize, groundnut cake, coconut cake, green fodder and clean drinking water.
Our fully automated milking and packaging process ensure that every drop of milk is untouched by human hands.
V: VILLAGE GAMES
Fun-filled games like archery, hopscotch, Chopat and kho-kho that you can partake in during your visit to the Akshayakalpa farms.
Free from man-made bad and full of nature-made good, all Akshayakalpa products come with a guarantee of wholesome goodness
Our hospitality to visitors at the Akshayakalpa farms is always on-point. Book your visit today to experience it firsthand.
The species of naturally-ripened bananas that are grown organically on Akshayakalpa farms.
All Akshayakalpa farms are zero-discharge facilities that ensure there will be no release of water waste into the environment.
Amidst all the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s easy to let nutrition take a back seat. We’re here to ensure that all your wishes of ‘Good health’ become a reality in the coming year.
This is a journey that begins with a single step in the right direction. Thank you for taking that step with us!