Are you having trouble sleeping? Feeling tired all the time? Eating more or less than usual?
You could be STRESSED!
Stress is a common response of the body to our environment. It happens to everyone and our bodies are designed to experience and react to it. The same holds true for animals too.
A sudden change in their environment can cause stress in animals. For example, firecrackers during Diwali can be stressful for dogs – making them not eat until the noise subsides or being caged can be stressful for cats, making them swipe at humans.
Cows too undergo stress based on a many factors. Being tethered all day, living in solitude, being loaded in trucks and shifted from one place to another, unfamiliar surroundings, having to forage for food and water can all tip the cow’s body into a state of stress and cause the release of stress hormones like cortisol.
While in the short-term, these hormones can help cows deal with difficult situations, over time excessive stress hormones can cause concerns like reduced appetite, reduced milk production and can lead to compromised immunity. These hormones are also passed into the milk – which is eventually consumed by us. Therefore, in order to enjoy organic milk that is nutritious and safe, it is important to keep the cows as happy and stress-free as possible.
So how do we keep Akshayakalpa cows contended and relaxed?
– Fun in the sun: Cows on the Akshayakalpa Organic farms are never tied or tethered. They are always free-roaming and can frolic in the fresh air to their hearts content, rest under the tree-shade, interact, play and mingle with each other all day long
– Clean, hygienic home: They live in natural environments that are cleaned regularly to inhibit flies, bugs and worms.
– Full tummy, happy cows: Cows consume almost 2% of their body weight in food every day. Akshayakalpa cows have access to balanced and nutritious meals all the time –including organic fodder, peanut patties, millets etc -that are designed by a special team of nutritionists
– Well hydrated and fresh: Cows can drink up to 1 bathtub worth of water in a day. This helps them stay hydrated, keeps their body cool and aids the processes of the body. The water for cows on the Akshayakalpa farms is RO purified and changed every day. There are special troughs at lower levels to enable growing calves to access the water easily too
– Comfort first: Cows on Akshayakalpa farms have mattresses to sleep on! Yes, you heard that right! Our cows are pampered and loved – just like members of the family.
At Akshayakalpa Organic, we know that the only way to ensure that your glass of organic milk is free from stress-hormones is by making sure they never enter the milk to begin with. Because cows on the Akshayakalpa farms are calm, relaxed and happy, the organic milk is safe, full of natural nutrients and devoid of stress-hormones always – just as nature intended!