At a time when there is no dearth of artificial sweeteners available in your local supermarket to satiate your sweet tooth, multi-floral honey is one of the healthiest substitutes for processed sugar that you can find! Read on to know why!
Originally introduced as a means to keep diabetes in control, artificial sweeteners are chemicals that add sweetness to food without the calories that processed sugar is infamous for. In recent years, these quick-fix sweeteners have also found many takers among the health conscious and those looking to lose weight without the inconvenience of removing sweet foods from their diet. But there is no shortcut to good health and these too are not without risks and side effects. Over time, they can cause weight gain and various types of cancers too. (1)
If you’re someone that cannot say no to desserts or have their cup of coffee unsweetened, it is always best to stick to the natural sweeteners. Not only is multifloral honey all-natural and unfiltered, it is rich in nutrients and packed with several health benefits for you and your family.
· Multifloral honey, made from the nectar of multiple types of flowers, has a well-rounded flavour profile in comparison to uni-floral honey which is made from nectar of a single type of flowers, making its taste more unique and distinguished.
· Multifloral honey also helps relieve symptoms of mild respiratory conditions such as the common cold, cough and sore throat. Based on a study published in the American Academy of Pediatrics, multi-floral honey can help treat upper respiratory infections in children.
· A good night’s sleep is essential for healthy living. A spoonful of multifloral honey in a warm glass of organic milk before going to bed helps with sleep disorders and insomnia.
· Regular consumption of multifloral honey, thanks to the phenolic compounds present in it, helps reduce cholesterol, control hypertension and reduce the incidence of heart disease.
· Multi-floral honey has low glycemic index. This makes it an excellent alternative to processed sugar. The unique flavor of honey adds a wonderful dimension to tea, desserts or any other dish it is added to. This makes multifloral honey one of the tastiest ways to control diabetes, without compromising on sweets in your diet.
· Multifloral honey is rich in antioxidants that can help prevent and reduce inflammation in the body. Multifloral honey can also be used to treat burns, reduce the discomfort in the stomach that can come after eating certain types of food and help in improving bowel movement and reduce the risk of constipation.
Sourced from the nectar of an innumerable wildflowers, Akshayakalpa Multifloral Raw Honey is unfiltered, unprocessed, unpasteurized and unaltered and ethically sourced from bee hives on organic farms. Drizzle it atop your dosas or add it to your milk, Akshayakalpa Multifloral Raw Honey is the perfect sweetener for your health remedies as well as desserts and truly deserves a place at your table!