A few minutes of your time before we welcome you at Forgotten Foods!
It gives us such joy that you will be joining us to celebrate World Food Day at ‘– ‘Forgotten Foods – Let’s Rediscover the roots’ on 16th October 2022 at the Akshayakalpa farm.
As we gear up to take you and your family on a journey to explore the culinary traditions of a bygone era, below are a few pointers to ensure you have the best time with us:
- Buses will depart at sharp 6:00 AM from designated spots. Don’t be late to avoid missing them. Should you miss the bus, your spot at the event will be held till the event begins.
- Since this is a Zero-Waste event, we urge you to carry your own utensils and cutlery. Let’s avoid disposables to keep our waste to a minimum.
- Our farm is best explored on foot. Wear comfortable shoes that are suitable for the outdoors
- As you know, the weather in the last few days has been unpredictable. We suggest you carry rain jackets and an extra set of clothes – just in case. Umbrellas will be provided.
- The pathways may get slushy if it rains. Because we don’t like interfering with the natural surroundings of the farm, our pathways are not cemented. Walk slowly and carefully. Walking barefoot gives you the best grip and the grounding is known to be extremely good for health. So go on and give it a try.
- Our farm is home to a variety of flora and fauna including chameleons and snakes. Should you encounter one, do not be frightened or harm them. Remember, they are more afraid of you than you are of them.
- Keep an eye on the little ones. While this is a great opportunity to indulge their curiosity, we would rather it is done under your supervision.
- Breakfast and dinner will be provided en route to the farm and back. Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
- There is certain ethos that are followed by Akshayakalpa and they do not encourage behaviors such as littering, spitting, drinking, smoking or harming animals.
- Should you miss attending the event for any reason (we really hope not!), the registration amount will not be refunded
While these pointers will help prepare you for the experience ahead, the most important thing to bear in mind is to have fun! Enjoy an authentic farm experience, surrounded by the calm tranquility of nature and leave with your heart and tummies full!
We can’t wait to welcome you. See you soon!